Bakken & Bæck is an ambitious digital product development studio with offices in Oslo, Bonn and Amsterdam. We invent, build and launch products and ventures for startups, established companies and ourselves.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer to join our team in Bonn, Amsterdam, or Oslo. As a developer at Bakken & Bæck you will get the opportunity to work on challenging, innovative and ambitious products together with an experienced team of designers and developers.
- Experience of native app development for Android.
- Have an app in the app store, or maybe some open source libraries you're proud of.
- A broad understanding of Java, working with databases, and communicating with web services.
- Can communicate clearly with other devs and clients.
- Self-sustaining and forever curious about new technologies.
- Familiar with testing.
- Familiar with the inherent issues of supporting multiple screen resolutions, screen sizes, and different versions of Android.
- Bonus points for creating custom views, working with animations, handling lifecycle issues, or using Kotlin
What you'll be doing:
After one week: You've gotten your new computer set up, and you've taken part in your first Monday morning stretch. If you're lucky you've visited our rooftop bees and joined our Friday-bingo
After one month: You've gotten your first client and are already building alpha apps for them. You are taking part in regular client meetings where you are able to show your progress and get feedback on the next development iteration. You are working closely with one of the designers to develop the look and feel of the app.
After six months: You've worked with a few clients and even started working on a few ideas of your own. You've spent some time in the lab playing with the 3D printer, raspberry pis, and range of drones. You've gotten familiar with all the internal memes on Slack; and you've even started some of your own.
- A good pension and health insurance plan.
- The hardware and software you need.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Flexible working hours and holidays.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Amazing trips, events, parties and concerts.